Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Personal Experience On Hearing "Namaskaratha Mantra" by Uma Mohan

I just got back from an exhilarating run through a neighborhood trail here in Plano, TX. I was going through my playlist on my Ipod and I discovered a song I never heard before (I bought a lot of CDs in India and then I transferred it on to my Ipod and am just getting to some of the songs). This song instantly struck a chord with me. It just so happened that it was sunset and the sky had brilliant purple, blue, and orange streamers with clouds interspersed, so that it appeared to me uncannily as a yoni. I won't go into those details but it seemed to be beckoning to me, calling me forth. As if I were her Shiva and she were my Shakti. Alas, as I got closer the image started to dissolve and the skies started to get darker. Nevertheless, in those 2 or 3 minutes I felt I had a spiritual experience. Just goes to show that yoga can be practiced in any activity as long as sincerity and devotion are applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment