Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Love is not these belongings that surround me though there's meaning in the memories they hold..."

I heard this first on Nip/Tuck's Season 4 Finale, so I'm embedding that montage here. The song is by The Submarines called "Brighter Discontent."



I think it's very fitting that they had the Nip/Tuck characters lip sync the words to this song since they are living the good life so to say in Miami, but are still chasing after that elusive notion of bliss that they can't seem to find in objects and relationships.  (There are two mistakes in the closed captioning of the music video, but overall I'm just glad someone posted it on YouTube.)

"I think I might know what I want really want, but is a brighter discontent the best that I could hope to find?"

(I think this is the unspoken mantra of the vast majority of modern Americans today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment