Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Just Do You"

I hate to quote "The Jersey Shore" but it's a pretty apt phrase, I think. Someone I know has been telling me that exact phrase a lot lately too.

Neale Donald Walsch puts it more eloquently here:


"...if you're doing something for someone else's


approval, you may as well not do it at all.



There is only one reason to do anything: to announce

and declare, express and fulfill, become and

experience Who You Really Are.



Do what you do, therefore, for the sheer joy of it,

for sheer joy is who you are. Do what you choose,

not what someone else chooses for you."


I think I get caught up in seeking others' approval or praise and forget whether or not I am somehow violating my own personal sense of integrity in some shape or form. I have to constantly check myself if I'm doing something or saying something for someone else or purely for myself. It's an excellent reminder, considering some recent events in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment